Welcome back everyone for Week 2 of the Amplification Nation NFL Power Rankings. This week sees the
Pittsburgh Steelers take the number one spot away from the Arizona Cardinals, who along with the Carolina Panthers are this week’s biggest fallers. Kansas City and Denver remain in the Top 10, but barely over the Houston Texans. The only team dropping out this week is the Indianapolis Colts, who probably shouldn’t have even been in the previous Top 10 to begin with.
Check out the previous weeks Power Rankings here.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-0) (ESPN #4) – ↑2 – Will easily be the best offense in football once LeVeon Bell returns. They’re offense is already hard to stop without their starting running back, starting tight end, and second and third receivers out.
2. Green Bay Packers (1-0) (ESPN #1) - ↑3 – The return of Jordy Nelson is huge for this offense. It opens up the field for Randall Cobb and should give Eddie Lacy more running room as well.
3. New England Patriots (1-0) (ESPN #2) - ↑3 – This team just doesn’t miss a beat. They are the epitome of “next man up” and “do your job”.
4. Seattle Seahawks (1-0) (ESPN #3) - ↔ - They pulled out a victory that easily could have been a loss. Russell Wilson injury will be big if he has to miss time, but he’s being projected to play this weekend.
5. Arizona Cardinals (0-1) (ESPN #5) - ↓4 – The opposite here, lost a game they easily could have won. The passing game looked good and so did David Johnson. The defense has to be better against a quarterback starting his first game though.
6. Carolina Panthers (0-1) (ESPN #6) - ↓4 – They have already lost as many games as they did last season. They will be fine, but find themselves in an early hole in that division.
7. Cincinnati Bengals (1-0) (ESPN #9) - ↑1 – AJ Green is a beast and should be considered with names like Odell and Julio when talking tiers of wide receivers.
8. Oakland Raiders (1-0) (ESPN #10) – Unranked – Just outside the top 10 last week, beating a team like New Orleans at home with a last minute two point conversion will get you into the club. The defense gave up a lot of points but the Saints tend to do that to people. They’ll need to correct that.
9. Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) (ESPN #11) - ↔ - Nice come from behind win at home, after being down to a team they had shouldn’t have been losing to. It would have been easy to pack it in and start thinking about Week 2.
10. Denver Broncos (1-0) (ESPN #8) - ↓3 – They got the victory over the Panthers, but they will still need to be better on offense. Yes CJ Anderson had a good game, but Trevor Siemian had multiple turnovers.
Dropped out of the Top 10: Indianapolis Colts
Just Outside of the Top 10: Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings
Let me know what you think about the rankings on Twitter @MarkCaruso216 or @AmpNationPod
The Amp Nation team is comprised of two best friends, Mark and Sebastian. We started this podcast as a way to keep in touch while living thousands of miles apart. We're just here to express our opinions on the world of pop culture, from comics & superheroes to fantasy sports & real sports, and everything in between.